Aside from being a slave to my job, networking events and style.com this week- I’ve had time to experience a beauty revelation. I’ve been very curious about “contouring” and what products were best for it. Some photos REALLY scared me (see end of post). I found one from Birch Box that was simple and easy enough to follow. Since pay day is still a few days away, I opted out of going on a Sephora bender and just used the makeup I had in my bag. I’ve gotten more compliments on my makeup the past few days than I have in the past few months, and I actually feel like I’m wearing less makeup than before. Call me Kim K (but please don’t) ya’ll- I’m now a contouring convert.
Here’s the photo from Birch Box: (white lines are for highlighter, the brown for bronzer and the pink for blush).
Products I used:
1) I start with Benefit’s “Fake Up”. I have dark circles under my eyes and redness around my nose, and this stuff is AMAZING for covering it all up. Then I lightly brush bareminerals powder all over.
2) Time to begin the contouring miracle. I use Revlon’s Photoready Eye Primer and Brightener. It’s not the best- I’m in the market for a better one, but I like the applicator and it does the job for now.
3) I use an Elf angled brush with Nars Laguna bronzer. I apply it pretty dark and then blend it in.
4) Next comes Nars Orgasm blush. I just use a regular blush brush and blend with a beauty blender.
5) I finish it out my filling in my brows with Benefit’s Instant Brow. Best brow pencil on the market for those of us that want Cara brows, but unfortunately had a plucking party 6-8th grade.
SO EASY. Pictures like the one below can be so intimidating.
1) I don’t want to look like a cast member from the Broadway version of The Lion King when I’m doing my makeup. 2) Girl looks good in the end but I can’t sacrifice my morning coffee and instagram binge for this.
Anyone a Contour Connoisseur? Feel free to recommend some products I can try once pay day comes around!(well…maybe NEXT payday, I’ve got my eyes on some Attilio Giusti Leombruni‘s that need me)
Birchbox.com, Benefitcosmetics.com, Ulta.com, Sephora.com & Samer Khouzami for photos