It is my pre-New Year’s resolution to write more. I love writing and sharing my obviously important insight with you all, but I also love Netflix, binge eating and bar-hopping, and I somehow I always find those more often.
As Winter creeps up on us like Kim Kardashian’s ass on my timeline, I start to search for new Winter products. Like many of you I’m sure, my skin, hair and lips go into a full catastrophic meltdown at the first gust of bitter winter air.
Over the years, I’ve formed an arsenal of winter-proof products that keep me from being scalier than that Komodo Dragon Bindi Irwin used to sing about (If no-one else remembers that, I’m extremely embarrassed for myself).
1) Due to the popularity of tights (Thank you God), women shaving their legs in the winter is at an all time low. And although I own tights more opaque than a window tint, I still try my best to keep my gams in line. Not even for the man in my life, but mostly for the girl who does my pedicures.
EOS Shave Cream– $3.49.
This product is a miracle. An absolute MIRACLE. You really don’t have to use much, but it leaves your legs smoother than that first time you shaved in middle school and could finally wear skirts (Hollister here I come!!).
2) My face never fails to get incredibly dry November-March. So dry that I try not to stand too close to anyone so they can’t tell. My boyfriend doesn’t get kissed for a solid 3 months.
However now I’m macking away because this product has SAVED ME. It softly removes any dead skin and leaves you with a fresh, polished face. 100% worth the price, and I only needed to use it about 2x a week for great results.
Laura Mercier Face Polish– $32.00.
3) STATIC HAIR. There’s really nothing else to say. I was turned onto this tip last year by a friend who was probably trying to drop a hint that my hair looked like some kid’s that kept his hand on that ball at the science center for too long. Throw a dryer sheet in your bag and run it through your hair to get rid of static. These are great because they don’t leave behind any fragrance.
4) Anyone that knows me knows that my number one priority and love in life is chapstick. I can’t be more than 5 feet away from it at all times. I keep multiple tubes in my car, desk, purse, nightstand, etc. just to assure I am never without. I’ve tried just about every balm on the market and this one still reigns supreme. My lips never get chapped or dry, and a little goes a long way.
5) The best hand lotion I’ve ever had comes from the same brand as my game-changing shave cream- eos. I first loved the small size and slimness of the packaging (ideal for coat pockets), but I really went head over heels for the insane amount of moisture it gives my poor cuticles and hands. Plus it doesn’t smell like Christmas threw up on me.
EOS Hand Cream– $1.99
Winter can be such a harsh, cruel time here in the Mid-West, so anything to help me survive is KEY. Just remember when all else fails, Florida is only a plane ride away, but vodka is cheaper and closer.